Travel Connect's Equal Pay Policy
At Travel Connect, we believe that every individual should be valued based solely on their merits and work. That means equal pay for equal work, regardless of gender, origin or other personal characteristics.
The company‘s CPO, Chief People Officer, is responsible for implementing, documenting, monitoring and continuously improving the equal pay system. Managers are responsible for adhering to the policy and enforcing work procedures related to it.
This must be done in accordance with the Icelandic standard ÍST 85:2012 and the lcelandic legal requirement no. 150/2020 on equal status and gender equality.
This Equal Pay Policy covers all employees at Travel Connect and its brands based in Iceland: Nordic Visitor, Iceland Travel, Terra Nova and Iceland Tours. This policy was presented to staff and is available for everyone to read on the Travel Connect website.
In order to comply with the policy, Travel Connect undertakes to:
- Implement a certified Equal Pay System based on the Equal Pay Standard ÍST 85.
- Perform a yearly salary analysis and conduct a yearly internal audit and annual management review.
- Address unexplained pay gaps through continuous improvements and monitoring.
- Present main results from the salary analysis to employees.
- Ensure that all salary decisions are objective, documented, traceable and in accordance with the company’s equal pay system.
- Review equal pay goals as part of the annual management review.
- Comply with relevant laws, regulations and collective agreements in force at any given time.
The Equal Pay Policy was approved by the executive board of Travel Connect in February 2023.